David Letterman: Hillary Clinton Diane Sawyer Interview
Hillary Clinton has been everywhere lately. Everyone’s wondering if she’s going to run for President. When she was Secretary of State, she tripped and hit her head. The Republicans jumped on this and said she had brain damage. She turned around and wrote a 600-page book. She’s clearly fine. If you have brain damage, you can’t get through the preface.
But once someone calls you out on something like this, such as Karl Rove did, it messes things up. Karl Rove said she was in the hospital for a month, but it was really three days. She had an interview with Diane Sawyer, and people started to think there really was something wrong with her. David Letterman played a clip. Sawyer asked how her health was and she just nodded really creepily and laughed. She nodded again when asked about Monica Lewinsky, then went to commercial.
Late Show: Spanish Television is Better
Letterman did a final installment of “Spanish Television is Better.” People were talking and it was really strange.
David Letterman: Top Ten Eric Cantor Excuses
Letterman did the Top Ten. The opening had a voting booth lever, which Letterman liked a lot. Eric Cantor is the house majority leader and lost to the Tea Party candidate Dave Brat in a shocking primary in Virginia. He’s not going to be the house majority leader. He’s resigning.
There was some confusion on the show. Letterman said that working there was like working at Rye Playland. There are a lot of excuses running around about Eric Cantor. “As long as you can blame somebody, you’re going to be okay,” Letterman said. The Top Ten were the Top Ten Eric Cantor Excuses.
- 10. Exhausted from grueling 138-day work year.
- 9. They thought it was best of 7.
- 8. Misguided slogan “You can’t spell Cantor without ‘can’t’”
- 7. Hurt by lack of Tony nominations.
- 6. Crooked voting machines never showed up.
- 5. Wanted more time to prepare unsuccessful run for President.
- 4. Opponent didn’t race in the Kentucky Derby or Preakness.
- 3. Time to become a greasy lobbyist.
- 2. Always looked weakly pale standing next to John Boehner.
- 1. Political career always a long shot for rich, white guys.
Check out the video here: