Good Morning America: Twin Chefs Halloween
Twin Chefs Lilly and Audrey Andrews visited Good Morning America on Halloween to share ideas and promote their cookbook, We Heart Cooking.
“It took us two years to make the book, and it was a whole summer where we just created all the recipes,” Audrey Andrews said. Be sure to try their Vampire Punch Recipe as well.
Good Morning America: Twin Chefs Ghoulish Savory Bread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
Pimento peppers and pepper jack cheese help to keep it seasonally appropriate for Halloween, but I bet it’s tasty anytime.
- 3 Green Onions
- 8 oz mild Italian Sausage (casing removed)
- 12 oz sliced whole wheat Sourdough Bread
- 2 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz drained sliced sweet Pimentos
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 oz shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups 1% Low-Fat Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
Twin Chefs: GMA Ghoulish Savory Bread Pudding Recipe Directions
- Chop green onions and mince garlic.
- Heat a saute pan on medium high.
- Crumble sausage in the pan and brown for about five minutes.
- Add garlic with green onions and cook another minute. Take off heat.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Coat a baking dish with spray.
- Tear bread into roughly 2” pieces and set aside.
- Put your cheeses in a bowl. Add pimentos, milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Whisk everything together until it is evenly mixed.
- Add the sausage mixture and work it into the dough.
- Last, stir in bread pieces until they are mixed in.
- Transfer this batter into the baking dish and cook about 45 minutes, to golden brown.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Good Morning America: Twin Chefs Meringue Kisses Recipe
What’s for dessert? How about these Meringue Kisses? For a Halloween twist on this one, use orange food coloring and add mini chocolate chips as eyes.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven at 200 F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment.
- Beat egg whites in a mixer on high to soft peaks.
- Reduce speed and add sugar, followed by salt and vanilla extract.
- Return to high speed and mix into stiff peaks.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag and pipe out 30 kisses per sheet.
- Bake for two hours and let cool.