Good Morning America: Kristen Abbott Pie Recipes
Viewer Kristen Abbott got inspired to whip up a dessert menu of Thanksgiving pies inspired by the Good Morning America anchor team. See what Abbott created for Lara Spencer, Ginger Zee, and Michael Strahan. Plus, try Christmas Punch Pie and Baklava Apple Pie.
Good Morning America: Lara Spencer Lemon Cream Coconut Pie Recipe Ingredients
“You love cupcakes, so this has cupcakes and frosting,” Kristen Abbott told Lara Spencer of the pie she inspired. “It also has a lemon layer, which salutes your work with the Robin Hood Lemonaid Stand.”
- 1 Pie Crust in a foil tin
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Lemon Cream Ingredients
- 12 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
Coconut Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 cups sweetened Coconut
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
Lemon Frosting Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Good Morning America: Lara Spencer Lemon Cream Coconut Pie Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 350 F and set pie crust out to thaw, if frozen.
- Combine the cake layer ingredients in a bowl and pour them into the crust.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until completely set. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese on high in a mixer. Mix sugar and lemon juice.
- Spread this over the cooled cake layer.
- On medium high in a saucepan, combine cream and butter until melted.
- Whisk in cornstarch and bring to a boil, stirring until it has thickened.
- Take off heat. Add coconut and vanilla.
- Pour this over the lemon cream cheese layer of the pie.
- Chill for a minimum of four hours.
- Combine lemon frosting ingredients and frost the pie once it has chilled.
- Use lemon slices to garnish.
Leave a Reply