Good Morning America: Las Vegas Dessert
Good Morning America shared a holiday cooking segment to promote Las Vegas tourism, with a dessert recipe for individual Molten Chocolate Cakes from Jean-Georges Vongerichten, who also shared his Miso-Mustard Steaks on the show.
The chef’s Las Vegas restaurants include Jean-Georges Steakhouse at The Aria Hotel and Prime Steakhouse at The Bellagio. He was also excited to announce that tickets are on sale for Vegas Uncorked, which takes place in April 2015.
Good Morning America: Jean-Georges Vongerichten Molten Chocolate Cakes Recipe Ingredients
Jean-Georges told Lara Spencer he has been making this Molten Chocolate Cake for 20 years now. You can’t go wrong when you try to make a restaurant-quality dessert in your own home, whether you’re having a dinner party or simply making a special dessert for the family. You could use milk, “but it’s better with dark,” the chef said.
For a simple alternative, try baking these in a toaster oven.
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 6 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 Egg Yolks
- pinch of Salt
Jean-Georges Vongerichten: Good Morning America Molten Chocolate Cakes Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 450 F.
- Prep four 6-oz ramekins with butter and flour. Shake off excess flour and place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Use a double boiler to melt water with chocolate.
- Beat eggs with yolks, salt, and sugar with a hand mixer on high speed until thick.
- Whisk chocolate to a smooth consistency and fold in the egg mix with flour.
- Spoon batter into ramekins and bake around 12 minutes. Cake sides should be firm, while centers should be more soft.
- Let cakes cool about one minute in ramekins. Then cover each of them with an upside down dessert plate.
- Flip the cakes over one by one, letting them rest for about 10 seconds before removing the molds to serve with a scoop of ice cream.