Good Morning America: Fabio Viviani
Chef Fabio Viviani visited Good Morning America to share recipes from his new cookbook, Fabio’s American Home Kitchen, featuring favorite recipes with an added touch of Italy. He used a special cheese to make his Italian Chicken Pot Pies.
Viviani is celebrating 10 years of living in the United States. He shared the ways that he tweaked some beloved American dishes. Try his Kansas City-style Ribs, marinated in balsamic vinegar.
If you pick up the cookbook, you can also try dishes like Vanilla Fritters, which use Prosecco to add something special to the cream.
Good Morning America: Fabio Viviani Italian Chicken Pot Pies Recipe Ingredients
Grana Padano cheese helps to add a taste of Italy to this comfort food.
- 1 cup diced Onions
- 1 cup diced Potatoes
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup diced Broccoli
- 2 chopped sprigs flat-leaf Parsley
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup diced Celery
- 1 cup diced Carrot
- 4 cubed boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 1/4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 2 chopped sprigs Oregano
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 12 tbsp cold cubed Butter
- 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano Cheese
- 1/4 cup Ice Water
- 1 tsp Salt
Fabio Viviani: Good Morning America Italian Chicken Pot Pies Recipe Directions
- To make the crust, combine flour, cheese, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- Slowly pulse in butter to a gravely consistency.
- Stream in ice water and process to form a dough.
- Transfer dough to a flour-dusted prep surface and knead it into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and chill while you prepare filling.
- Heat olive oil on medium high in a pot.
- Throw in celery, onions, and carrots; salt and pepper.
- Saute until it begins to caramelize.
- Add potatoes and cook until they brown at the edges.
- Add chicken with more salt and pepper; cook about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce with tomato paste, cooking another 10 minutes and stirring a few times.
- Sprinkle flour over chicken and vegetables, stirring well for an even coating; cook one minute while stirring.
- Slowly add chicken broth. Bring to a boil on medium heat, while stirring; simmer one minute.
- Add broccoli and peas, cooking until heated. Take off heat and add parsley with oregano; salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Whisk two eggs with a bit of salt and water; reserve.
- Roll dough to 1/3” thick and cut out six rounds, slightly wider than six oven-safe bowls or large ramekins.
- Divide hot filling among bowls. Top bowls with dough rounds, which should hang over the edges.
- Brush dough with egg wash and cut small holes in the tops for venting.
- Arrange bowls on a baking sheet. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 30-45 minutes.
- Let rest about five minutes before serving.