Good Morning America: Food Mix and Mash Up
Buzzfeed editors once again teamed with Good Morning America to prepare creative Food Mix and Mash Ups. After tackling breakfast and BBQ, the creativity focused on dessert. Emily Fleischaker made this Blueberry Pie Tacos Recipe.
Good Morning America: Buzzfeed Blueberry Pie Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 3 pints Blueberries
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch (mixed with 2 tbsp Cold Water)
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar
Taco Shell Ingredients
- 1 gallon Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 8 4” Flour Tortillas
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
Buzzfeed: Good Morning America Blueberry Pie Tacos Recipe Directions
- Combine blueberries, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and add cornstarch mixture.
- Once combined, let cool for about 30 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar with heavy cream in a cold bowl.
- Whip with a mixer or by hand to form soft peaks.
- Chill cream until ready to assemble tacos.
- In a deep fryer or large pot, heat oil to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to poke about a dozen small holes in each tortilla.
- Fry tortillas individually, holding each with tongs to submerge.
- Be sure to brown tortillas on each side, gently squeezing out air bubbles as much as possible.
- Once it has formed the shape of a taco shell, let it go to submerge in the oil, frying about one more minute to golden brown.
- Gently remove it from oil. Let excess drip off.
- Rest upside down on the baking sheet; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix.
- Repeat steps with remaining tortillas.
- Divide pie filling mixture among the taco shells.
- Serve with whipped cream.