Good Morning America: Buzzfeed Dessert Challenge
Buzzfeed and GMA worked together on a variety of clever food combinations that touched on categories including breakfast and BBQ. They also tackled dessert, and Christine Byrne contributed this Bannoli Recipe, which turns Bananas into a Cannoli filling.
There are many delicious Italian desserts out there, and I love bananas. They are probably my favorite fruit. But I’m not sure whether this would be my favorite dessert idea. That said, I’m willing to taste test just about anything. If you try to make this, leave me a comment to say how things turned out.
Good Morning America: Buzzfeed Bannoli Recipe Ingredients
Bannoli is exactly what it might sound like: Bananas stuffed inside a Cannoli shell.
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 3.4-oz package Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 Bananas
- 8 Cannoli Shells
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Mini Vanilla Wafers
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
Buzzfeed: Good Morning America Bannoli Recipe Directions
- Beat cream with milk and pudding on medium with a hand mixer.
- After two minutes it should be thick and the pudding should be fully dissolved.
- Add ricotta; mix on medium until smooth with no lumps (about one minute).
- Reserve 12 mini wafers. Crush the remaining vanilla wafers into the size of pebbles.
- Add crushed wafers to pudding mixture and fold with a rubber spatula.
- Slice bananas into a total of 32 slices.
- Place two slices of banana inside the bottom opening of each cannoli shell.
- With a rubber spatula, transfer filling into a pastry bag or piping bag.
- Cut a dime-size opening in the bag and pipe filling into cannoli shells from both ends (so that banana slices end up in the middle).
- Once cannoli shells are filled, put a banana slice and a vanilla wafer at each end of the shells.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar.