GMA: Chef Richard Blais New Book
Chef Richard Blais came by Good Morning America April 3 2013 to talk about his new book, Try This At Home. Richard Blais is an award-winning chef and also the winner of Top Chef: All Stars. His new book has several recipes that use the microwave for convenience meals. He said the microwave gets a bad reputation but it’s mostly because of the food that usually goes into the microwave.
GMA: Chef Richard Blais Microwave Salmon With Potato Chip Crust
Sam Champion couldn’t believe how simple this recipe was and said he was going to try it at home later. But I have to admit, even after seeing Richard Blais cook this recipe, I was skeptical of it, especially after seeing Sam Champion’s face, who took a bite but didn’t say whether he liked it or not. Still, if you’re crunched for time, there’s no reason not to at least try it. The potato chip crust was added by Richard Blais for people who might miss that crunch salmon gets in the oven.
Ingredients For Microwave Salmon:
- 2 6-ounce pieces of salmon
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt, pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
For Potato Chip Crust:
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed up
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Mayo as needed
Richard Blais Microwave Salmon With Potato Chip Crust Directions:
- Put salmon in a 6 x 6 container and add enough oil to come up one third of the side of the salmon. Then add thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it.
- Cook in microwave for two minutes and allow to rest for three minutes.
- Combine all potato chip crust ingredients in a bowl and cover salmon in it.