Good Morning America: Chef Jean-Georges
Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, a Las Vegas Destination spokesperson, was in Good Morning America’s kitchen with Lara Spencer to share some holiday favorites, a Miso-Mustard New York Striploin and Molten Chocolate Cakes.
His restaurants are Jean-Georges Steakhouse at The Aria Hotel and The Bellagio’s Prime Steakhouse. “Food and wine become the best destinations” in Vegas, the chef said.
He also talked about Bon Appetit’s Vegas Uncorked, which brings the chefs together in April 2015. Tickets are on sale now through the event’s website.
Good Morning America: Jean-Georges Vongerichten Roasted New York Striploin Recipe with Miso-Mustard Ingredients
As the proprietor of two steakhouses, Jean-Georges is an authority on preparing steaks. If you can’t make it to Sin City for a meal in the near future, why not do the next best thing and bring some of that culinary expertise home to your own table? This steak dinner features a tempting finish of Miso-Mustard, and you can serve it with your choice of seasonally fresh vegetables to give it a local flair.
- 7 oz New York Striploin
- 1 tsp Smoked Hot Paprika
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 8 tbsp Miso Mustard
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 2 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Coleman’s Mustard Powder
- 6 tbsp White Miso
- 2 oz Clementine Juice (or use Orange Juice)
- pinch of Paprika
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
Miso-Mustard Butter Ingredients
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 8 tsp Soy-Miso Mustard
Jean-Georges Vongerichten: Good Morning America Roasted New York Striploin Recipe Directions
- Whisk together the ingredients for the Miso-Mustard and reserve the finished product.
- Blend the Soy-Miso ingredients together as well.
- Create the butter by heating butter until it’s foamy.
- Remove butter from heat and whisk in soy-miso until completely emulsified.
- Salt and pepper the beef. Then heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Roast beef in the pan until it has caramelized.
- Add 1 tbsp butter with paprika and baste the meat until it is cooked to medium rare, or your preferred temperature.
- Remove meat from the pan and let rest eight to nine minutes.
- Serve with miso-mustard.