Good Morning America: Pie Recipes
Amateur baker Kristen Abbott loves cooking while watching Good Morning America, and she shared some of the pies she dreamed up that were inspired by the show. She made a Baklava Apple Pie, Lemon Cream Coconut Pie, and even a Corn Flakes Pie. Here’s the creation she put together for Ginger Zee, a Peanut Butter Fudge Pretzel Pie.
Good Morning America: Ginger Zee Peanut Butter Fudge Pretzel Pie Recipe Ingredients
“Ginger, your pie actually has a layer of peanut butter fudge, similar to what you’d find in Mackinac Island,” Kristen Abbott said, plus a sweet and salty combo. Ginger Zee, Amy Robach, and Abbott all have Michigan ties.
- 4 cups salted Mini Pretzels
- 6 tbsp melted Salted Butter
- 6 oz Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 4 tbsp Salted Butter
Peanut Butter Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Salted Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 or 5 crushed Nutter Butter Cookies
- 5 oz Heavy Cream
Good Morning America: Ginger Zee Peanut Butter Fudge Pretzel Pie Recipe Directions
- Prepare a deep dish pie pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Grind pretzels in a food processor to generate two cups of crumbs.
- Mix pretzel crumbs in a bowl with 6 tbsp melted butter until fully combined.
- Press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pie plate and bake for 10 minutes; reserve.
- Melt milk chocolate with 4 tbsp butter on medium heat in a saucepan. Pour this over the pretzel crust.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter on medium high in a large sauce pan. Mix in milk with brown sugar. Bring to a boil and take off heat.
- Stir in peanut butter with cereal, vanilla, powdered sugar, and salt. Spread this over the milk chocolate layer in the pie crust.
- On medium heat in a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with heavy cream.
- Whisk constantly until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Top off with leftover pretzels and crushed cookies. Chill until firm.
- Let pie come to room temperature before serving. Store in the fridge.
Karen s gill says
i am a cook but i enjoy the varieties of many recipes that i can try threw my life thank you for sending many wonderful recipes on line so we can experience the vast of flavors to taste and use for our homes keep them coming more in the future it helps the begginer cooks and cheifs to try them too.
miss princesskaren gill