Emeril Lagasse’s Herbed Quiche Recipe with Blue Cheese
Are you ready for the ultimate summer picnic? Emeril Lagasse is bringing us a quiche with blue cheese and herbs and watermelon limeade. Mmm, mmm, good.
- 1 Savory Pie Crust (recipe below)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces Maytag blue cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, tarragon, chives, and/or oregano)
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons/1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
Emeril Lagasse Quiche Recipe Directions
Start with your pie crust. In a food processor, mix the flower, salt and pepper. Add in the butter and process until this becomes coarse crumbs. While this is pulsing, gradually add in water. This mixture needs to form a ball.
Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and shape it into a flat disk. Wrap this in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour or up to overnight.
Now, roll out the pie crust to 1/8-inch think and fit in an 8-inch fluted tart pan. Ease the dough in and press lightly to the sides. Trim the excess dough. Line the pastry shell with parchment paper and fill it with ceramic pie weights or dried beans. Place on a baking sheet and back for 9 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove and set on a wire rack to cool, remove the paper and weights.
Reduce the temp to 375.
In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese, blue cheese and butter. Whisk in the eggs until well blended. Stir in the cream, milk, salt, pepper and herbs. Pour the filling into the partially baked shell and return to baking sheet and bake. Rotate the quiche halfway through, until it’s puffed and golden brown, 25 minutes. The quiche is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool at least five minutes before serving, serve hot, warm or room temp.
GMA: Emeril Lagasse Watermelon Limeade Recipe
- 8 cups cubed watermelon (seeds removed), or 1 quart watermelon juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more to taste
- Lime slices, for garnish (optional)
Place half of the watermelon cubes in a blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl and discard the solids. Repeat with the remaining watermelon cubes. You should get about 1 quart of watermelon juice.
Add the lime juice and sugar to the watermelon juice and stir until dissolved. (Add more sugar is desired to taste) Put limeade in a non reactive pitcher and chill thoroughly.
Serve this over ice, in tumblers, with lime slices for garnish. Makes 5 cups, 4 to 6 servings.