GMA: Rachael Ray 30 Seconds Of Questions
Chef Rachael Ray came by Good Morning America March 6 2013 to show off her Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger recipe. Sam Champion put 30 seconds on the clock and she had to answer as many questions as possible in that short amount of time.
She was able to get quite a few answers in during that 30 seconds. She said that she loved everything from Tom Jones to the Foo Fighters to listen to while she cooked and that she loved cooking everything. She said her favorite adult beverage to sip while cooking was red wine and her favorite kitchen gadget was a sharp knife. She said her least favorite food to cook was eyeballs. She said she’d cook anything.
She also said that Michelle Obama would be stopping by her show on Monday, March 11 2013. Michelle Obama is certainly cooking a lot on TV lately. It must be because of her initiative to help Americans eat healthier. Will you be checking out the First Lady on Rachael Ray’s show?
GMA: Rachael Ray Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger
This burger looked amazing. I don’t know about you, but I know what I’m having for lunch.
Rachael Ray Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger Ingredients:
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo paste, pureed
- 2 tablespoons cider or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slices bacon, 4 slices fine chop
- A drizzle of EVOO
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin, half a scant palmful
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander, half a palmful
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, a scant palmful
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 4 slices smoked cheddar or sharp cheddar
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 crusty burger rolls, split and toasted
- Lettuce and red onions
Good Morning America Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburger Directions:
- For the chipotle ketchup: Place ketchup ingredients in small pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the burgers, heat a drizzle of EVOO in a skillet. Add and crisp bacon.
- Remove bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Cook jalapeno, onion and garlic until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine beef, cumin, Mexican oregano, jalapeno, onion, garlic and ground coriander in bowl. Make into four patties and grill on skillet over medium high heat for 8-12 minutes, turning only once for medium to well done. Melt cheese the last minute for each.
- Place on bun and top with lettuce, bacon, chipotle ketchup and red onions.
Leave a Reply