Ellen: Wolfgang Puck Academy Awards Recipes
Wolfgang Puck is a world-famous chef who is about to celebrate the 20th anniversary of cooking for the Academy Awards Governor’s Ball. He made his special Baked Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant recipe and his Vegan Pad Thai recipe, both of which are completely vegan. Check it out below!
Ellen: Wolfgang Puck’s Vegan Pad Thai Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges, for serving
Lime-Tamarind Sauce Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Garlic-Chile Sauce Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons minced Thai green chiles or small fresh green Mexican chiles
Stir-Fried Noodles Ingredients
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles, linguine size
- 2 quarts cold water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced green chile
- 2 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, or 2 (2-by-1/2-inch) strips lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 pound mixed fresh seasonal vegetables, cut into thin bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces firm tofu, well drained on paper towels, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 cups bean sprouts
Wolfgang Puck: Ellen Vegan Pad Thai Recipe Directions
- Prepare the lime-tamarind sauce by combining all ingredients in a small pot and bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir frequently and cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- Stir together the garlic-chile sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Finally, prepare the stir-fried noodles by putting the rice noodles in a bowl of cold water. Leave them a few minutes until they’ve softened, then drain and set aside.
- Bring a large nonstick wok to high heat and then add the peanut oil. Heat for a minute or two until it’s smoking hot and then toss in the ginger, lemongrass, kaffir lime, chile, shallot, mixed vegetables, and chopped cilantro. Stir fry until the veggies are tender crisp, for about 2 minutes.
- Toss in half of the bean sprouts, tofu, carrots, cucumber, the noodles, and both sauces. Stir fry until the noodles have separated, glazed with the sauce, and the veggies are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve the dish in individual serving plates, garnished with cilantro sprigs, green onions, and the remaining bean sprouts. Serve with lime wedges as well.