Ellen: Chef Jose Andres Recipes
The extremely wacky Chef Jose Andres came by Ellen to make some great recipes, including a Beefsteak Vegetable Bowl recipe, Almond Soup recipe, and Pomegranate Margarita recipe.
Check out my attempt at reproducing them below!
Ellen: Chef Jose Andres Beefsteak Vegetable Bowl Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup favorite cooked grain, such as rice, quinoa or orzo
- 1 cup blanched vegetables such as carrots, beets, Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons sauce such as tzatziki, Romesco or pesto
- 1/4 cup mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, such as sherry, lemon or soy
- 1 tablespoons topping, such as raisins, corn nuts, crispy rice, crumbled nori sheets, bean sprouts
Chef Jose Andres: Ellen Beefsteak Vegetable Bowl Recipe Directions
- Combine everything in a bowl.
Ellen: Chef Jose Andres Almond Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1½ pounds blanched almonds, soaking in 6 cups of water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon aged sherry vinegar 2½ cups Spanish extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 slices rustic bread, crusts removed
- 4 fresh black figs, quartered
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped Spanish Marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Chef Jose Andres: Ellen Almond Soup Recipe Directions
- Cook garlic for 1 minute in 2 cups of boiling water over high heat. Then drain and let the garlic cool.
- Drain the almonds and reserve the liquid.
- Combine the almonds, garlic, 6 cups of reserved almond liquid, 3/4 cup sherry vinegar, 2 1/2 cups olive oil, and bread. Puree until smooth.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and pour the soup through the colander into a large bowl. Once the liquid is in the bowl, squezze the cheese cloth to get out all of the liquid. Then discard solids.
- Chill soup in a pitcher for 30 minutes.
- Pour soup into 4 separate bowls and garnish with fig pieces, marcona almonds, chopped chives, and 1 tablespoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Ellen: Chef Jose Andres Pomegranate Margarita Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 ounces Milagro Blanco tequila
- 1 ounce Luxardo Triplum Triple Sec
- 1/4 ounce pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
For the Salt Air:
- 4 ounces water
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sucro
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
Chef Jose Andres: Ellen Pomegranate Margarita Recipe Directions
- To make the salt air, combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix with an immersion blender until bubbles just start to form.
- Pour into saucepan and bring to boil, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix again with immersion blender until smooth.
- To make the margarita, combine cocktail ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake for 30 seconds. Strain into glass.
- Garnish margarita with the salt air.