Ellen: Christmas Song Lyrics
Ellen kicked off her show today by talking about how America spent all of 2014 singing “Let It Go” and singing the lyric “The cold never bothered me anyway.” Now they’re regretting it because the cold is bothering them.
She also said in the song “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” there’s a line that says “There will be scary ghost stories.”
“What? Who tells scary ghost stories at Christmas? Here’s your present, Timmy. Now I’m going to tell you about Amityville Horror,” Ellen joked.
There’s a line in the song “Deck the Halls” that says, “Don we now our gay apparel.” “Those are words we don’t use anymore. First of all, who’s Don? I don’t know. We say ‘put on.’ And we don’t say ‘apparel’, we say ‘clothing.’ So it should be ‘Now we put on our gay clothing.’ I put mine on, I donned it,” Ellen joked.
Ellen TV: Christmas Caroling with Britney Spears
Ellen said Christmas caroling can be fun, though. Since it’s Throwback Thursday, she showed a clip from 2006, when she went Christmas caroling with Britney Spears.
The two of them went around to different houses singing songs. It was funny because people didn’t seem to recognize them and because Ellen can’t really sing. Everyone gave them some really weird looks. One woman let them into her home, where they sang the songs and she looked really weirded out by them.
They also danced to “Womanizer” on one man’s porch. The man seemed like he might’ve recognized Britney, but he wasn’t sure.
Later, the two of them wore big Victorian clothing, carrying a menorah and a Santa. One woman offered them some cookies and Britney ate one really quickly. Ellen asked her if she’d eaten that day.
Then they rapped about “Jingle Bells” in the street. It was hilarious.
Ellen: Toys for Tots
Ellen is collecting Toys for Tots in her Riff Raff Room. Her friends at Hasbro donated a total of $500,000 worth of toys. Ellen showed off the Sesame Street Let’s Imagine Elmo.
“You can interact with him. You tickle him. You bounce him around. You squeeze him on his nose. That’s what I do with Channing Tatum when he’s here, by the way,” Ellen joked.
Ellen TV: Tinder Nightmares
Ellen shared some conversations from the Instagram account called Tinder Nightmares, where people post conversations from Tinder that didn’t go well. Here’s a few of them:
- Person 1: On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?
- Person 2: North Korea
- Person 1: So are we married now? Is that how this works?
- Person 2: Yeah, me and you and my roommate Lindsey who you sent the exact same message to.
- Person 1: Hahaha that’s the first time that’s happened.
- Person 1: I like u.
- Person 2: That’s good because I like you.
- Person 1: Now, I hate u. Just preparing you for the next 12 months of our relationship.
- Person 1: I’m from Phoenix. Tell me a little about yourself.
- Person 2: Just a small town girl living in a lonely world.
- Person 1: What town you from?
- Person 2: Born and raised in South Detroit.
- Person 1: Nice. What brought you to Chicago?
- Person 2: Took the midnight train going anywhere.