Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Holiday Gift & Decorating Ideas
Talk show host Bethenny Frankel stopped by Ellen to talk about some great holiday gift and decorating ideas. Ellen said they always love to have her on the show and seemed genuinely excited when she came out.
Bethenny Frankel said she loved getting dressed up and showed off some sparkly shoes she was wearing.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Sugar Scrub Recipe
“I love giving gifts,” Bethenny Frankel said.
She said she hated rushing to the store to go out and get something for someone, because she felt like when she was trying to get something quickly and deal with crowds, she didn’t get a good gift for them.
The first gift idea she showed was creating a sugar body scrub for skin.
- Take a bottle you might have laying around your house.
- Add a layer of sugar mixed with almond oil to the bottom.
- Then, on top of that layer, add a layer of sugar colored red with food dye and mixed with peppermint oil.
- Continue adding layers until you get to the top.
- The bottle will look great and work well for what Bethenny Frankel called “lizard skin.”
- Don’t tell your relative you think they have lizard skin, though.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Chalk Serving Tray
The next thing Bethenny Frankel showed off was a black tray you could use to put food items on when you’re serving guests. To label things and make it clear what you’re serving, you can add white chalk paint to the black tray to label what things are. She said it’s great because it’s totally green and totally reusable.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Wine Bottle Coasters
Bethenny Frankel said giving out a bottle of wine is a pretty typical gift around the holidays, but it’s hard to make it personal. Most people set it aside and forget who gave it to them.
She recommended making a personalized coaster, which you can put a bow around and tie to the top of the wine bottle, so they’d know exactly who gave it to them.
- Start by printing out a photo from Facebook or Instagram on card stock. Choose one that will make it memorable. Maybe a photo of the two of you or one of their kids.
- Then, apply Mod Podge to a typical cork coaster, to glue the photo to it.
- Apply Mod Podge on top of the coaster and presto, you have yourself a personalized coaster that will set you apart.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Potpourri Alternative
Bethenny Frankel said she thinks that potpourri is very dated and very ’80s, but people like the holiday smell. So she suggested buying any candle from a dollar store, surrounding it with cinnamon sticks and wrapping twine around that with a nice piece of holly. It looks very festive and nice.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Holiday Centerpieces
Bethenny Frankel had some ideas for some nice center pieces. The first idea was a great one if you have a lot of wine glasses laying around that are no longer a part of a complete set, or a few with some chips in them.
- Take a wine glass and turn it upside down.
- Place some nice holiday balls inside the wine glass
- On top, put a small candle.
You could also buy some cheap plastic clear ornaments, open them up and put candy inside. Place several on a plate and you have a great holiday center piece.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel Would You Ever Game
Another fun thing is to fill a vase with Christmas-colored paper cut into small strips. On the pieces of paper, write several “Would you ever” and “Would you rather” questions, so that once the holiday party is in full swing, you can ask each other fun things.
Ellen: Bethenny Frankel New Year’s Resolution
Ellen asked Bethenny Frankel if she had any New Year’s resolutions. She said she didn’t believe in them, because they put a lot of pressure on people. But she did try to do something for herself every day.