Ellen Surprises Lucky Family
Ellen wanted to surprise Lia, her sister, her mom, and her dad, so she sent Jeannie to surprise them. Lia is a nursing student whose dad recently lost his job. They’ve been having a hard time financially. Jeannie wore a ridiculously big blonde wig and a sparkly dress. Meanwhile, Ellen talked to Lia and pretended to be from the “Walnut Chamber of Commerce”. But right when Lia saw Jeannie and discovered that Ellen was calling, a car ran over the cord and caused the feed to be lost. Then, Lia cut out.
So Ellen said she would return to them later, once Jeannie had relocated the family to a JC Penney so they could play a trivia game for some cash.
Ellen Plays Trivia Game with Family
The game Ellen played with Lia and her family was a trivia game. With each question she asked them, she would give them a $1,000 JC Penney gift card. If they got a question wrong, she’d have to take away one gift card. The trivia questions were pretty easy. They included:
- What brings your husband joy?
- Who plays Katniss Everdeen?
- Is a sweet potato or yam orange?
- Which department store did Ellen work at before she was famous? (JC Penney)
Finally, Jeannie asked them to grab something to keep them warm. They each grabbed sweaters, which fit the ladies fine. But the dad grabbed a really tiny sweater and had to put it on, which looked funny.
Ellen gave them tickets to the American Music Awards and told them if they could reach the holiday card photobooth and take a picture within 15 seconds, she would round their winnings to a $10,000 JC Penney gift card. They made it and Ellen gave them their reward.
Ellen TV: Rebel Wilson Dentures Game
Pitch Perfect 2 star Rebel Wilson also came by Ellen to play a game Ellen was calling “Pitch, Please.” Rebel had to do an impromptu pitch for a product she couldn’t see and tell us why we should buy it. The product was dentures, unbeknownst to her. So Rebel’s hilarious accidental pitches for dentures included the following:
- “As you know, I use this product every day.”
- “The holidays are coming up and you’re kind of like, ‘What do I get my uncle?'”
- “Maybe it might be best if I do the jingle. It goes like this: ‘What do you need right now? This. You really want to buy it. This. Can I buy a hundred? Yes.'”
- “Channing Tatum I know for a fact owns this. And his uncle does.”
- “The great thing is, it’s easily stored under your pillow.”
Ellen asked what you feel when you put them in your mouth and Rebel Wilson said, “Satisfaction.” Ellen asked her what she thought could get stuck in them. Rebel said, “Tampons?” Then, Ellen revealed the dentures and Rebel laughed when she saw what it was.
Rebel was also there to showcase the trailer for Pitch Perfect 2, which looked awesome and exciting.