Dr Oz: Cheap Diet Foods
Dr. Oz set out to prove that diet foods don’t have to be expensive. He shared four recipes that can be made for a total of under $20, cutting the costs of foods that are good for you so there’s no excuse not to eat healthy.
Dr Oz: Peanut Butter Oats Recipe
Dr. Oz also shared a delicious and cheap recipe for peanut butter oats using powder peanut butter. Simply combine 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of powdered peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, and 1 cup of milk and cook until the oats are soft. The peanut butter oatmeal costs just 61 cents per serving.
With fantastic recipes like these, there’s no reason you can’t eat healthy, even on a budget.
Dr Oz: Cheap Parsley Soup Recipe Ingredients
The first recipe Dr. Oz shared was parsley soup. He explained that parsley is rich in magnesium and calcium and you can use it to make his detox parsley soup. He suggested drinking one cup of the soup before lunch and one cup before dinner. The best part? Parsley is just 8 cents per serving and the soup is only$1.50 per serving.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 C celery
- 1 C onions
- 2 C carrots
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 C low-sodium veggie broth
- 1/2 C chopped parsley
Dr Oz: Cheap Parsley Soup Recipe Directions
- Chop parsley, celery, carrots and onions.
- Place olive oil and vegetables in saucepan.
- Add 4 C of low-sodium veggie broth.
- Let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drink one cup before lunch and dinner.
Dr Oz: Salmon Croquettes Recipe Ingredients
The next recipe Dr. Oz shared was salmon croquettes. He explained that you can use canned salmon that is rich in omega-3’s and create this delicious dish. The canned salmon is just 35 cents per serving and the croquettes are 90 cents per serving. Talk about a cheap meal!
- 1 can of salmon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C red onion
- 1/3 C whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Dr Oz: Salmon Croquettes Recipe Directions
- Combine and mix all ingredients.
- Roll mixture into patties.
- Cook patties on each side for 3 minutes on stove top or grill.
Dr Oz: Quinoa Meatballs Recipe Ingredients
Lastly, Dr. Oz shared his quinoa meatball recipe. He explained that quinoa can replace your usual protein and is full of fiber making it very filling. His quinoa meatballs are just 59 cents per serving.
- 2 1/2 C cooked quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 C chives
- 1 onion
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 3/4 C whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Dr Oz: Quinoa Meatballs Recipe Ingredients Directions
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix.
- Shape mixture into meatballs.
- Grease skillet with extra virgin olive oil.
- Brown meatballs in a skillet for 10 minutes.