Dr Oz: Quick Healthy Dinners
Dr Oz had Food Network chef Robert Irvine on his show sharing his quick and easy healthy dinner recipes that he says you can get on the table in just 4-8 minutes. All it takes is some prep on Sunday and a little menu planning so you can grocery shop for what you need, and you’re set for the week. He already shared his quick healthy zucchini pizza bites recipe, which was super healthy and delicious.
Dr Oz: Dinner Leftover Idea + How To Fold A Burrito
Dr Oz then heard from Jamie, who asked Robert to make a quick dinner with leftovers that actually tastes good and is good for her health. Jamie brought some grilled chicken, beans and asparagus.
Robert suggested tacos or burritos, starting with a warm flour tortilla and some homemade guacamole. To fold the burrito, first fold it three quarters of the way, then tuck the sides before rolling it the rest of the way. Good trick!
Dr Oz: One Pot Dinner + Garlic Peeling Trick
Next, Dr Oz heard from Nina who wanted a quick delicious dinner that doesn’t require a lot of dishes and bowls for prepping and cleaning. Robert shared a delicious recipe that Nina can make all in one pot. A great tip he had for peeling garlic was to put garlic in a mixing bowl with a lid, and then shake vigorously until the garlic peels itself.
Dr Oz: Robert Irvine Shrimp + Angel Hair, Artichoke & Spinach Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 C mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 C canned artichokes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 C chicken broth
- 12 oz raw angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1 C raw, peeled and deveined 31/40 shrimp
- dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 C fresh spinach, roughly chopped
Robert Irvine: Dr Oz Shrimp + Angel Hair, Artichoke & Spinach Recipe Directions
- Place a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the oil for one minute before adding the rest of the ingredients, minus the spinach, salt and pepper, and then cover with a lid.
- Let the mixture come to a boil and then take off the lid to stir to keep the pasta from sticking together,
- Put the lid back on and let to cook for 5 to 6 more minutes.
- When the pasta is done, stir in the spinach until it wilts.
- Season with as much salt and pepper as you’d like and then serve and enjoy!