Dr Oz: Paleo Diet Dinner Recipes
Dr. Oz and Nell Stephenson, author of Paleoista, went over some great Paleo Diet recipes like the blueberry smoothie that can boost your metabolism and the cobb salad that tastes great and fits in with the restrictions of the diet. Keep reading to get a Paleo Diet dinner recipe and a dessert recipe.
Dr Oz Paleo Blackened Salmon With Mango Salsa On Rapini Recipe
Dr Oz Paleo Blackened Salmon With Mango Salsa On Rapini Ingredients:
- Two 8 ounce salmon fillets
- 1 ripened mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch rapini, chopped and lightly steamed
- 2 slices fresh lemon
Dr Oz Paleo Blackened Salmon With Mango Salsa On Rapini Directions:
- Add the the mango, cilantro, lime juice, onion, garlic and tomato to a small bowl. Stir until combined then cover and refrigerate.
- In another small bowl combine the paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne, black and white peppers, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl and stir well. Rinse the fish and pat it dry with paper towels. Press the spice mixture onto the fish.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Carefully put the fish in the skillet, flesh side down, and cook for two minutes. Gently turn and cook on the skin side for two additional minutes. Make sure the internal temperature of the fish is at or above 160 degrees.
- Place half the rapini on each of two plates, top with a piece of salmon and a generous spoonful of salsa. Garnish with lemon slices.
Dr Oz Paleo Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Dr Oz Paleo Chocolate Truffles Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs, ground in a nut grinder plus extra for dusting
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, warmed
- 1/4 cup creamy raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Dr Oz Paleo Chocolate Truffles Directions:
- Combine the cacao nibs, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, honey and orange zest in a bowl. Stir together until well combined then put the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow the mixture to harden.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out the mixture and roll in your palms into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra ground nibs and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on a plate and enjoy. Can be stored in fridge for one to two days.