Dr Oz: Hungry Girl Naughty To Nice Recipes
One of Dr Oz’s most popular guests, Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien, visited the show to talk about some of her Naughty To Nice Recipes that let you recreate some party favorites at a fraction of the calories, so you can indulge guilt-free this winter. Check out her Jalapeno Poppers, Hungry Girl Cheeseburger Quesadilla recipe, and more.
Dr Oz: Hungry Girl French Toast Nuggets Recipe
Stuffed French Toast might cost you 727 calories per serving, but this light Hungry Girl version cuts that down to 245 calories. That’s because of Hungry Girl tricks like using light hot dog buns instead of bread.
- 1 light Hot Dog Bun
- 2 teaspoons Butter Substitute
- 1/4 cup Egg Substitute
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Apple, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Cream Cheese (reduced fat)
- 1 packet Artificial Sweetener
- Light Pancake Syrup (optional)
- Combine egg substitute with vanilla and half the cinnamon.
- In a microwaveable bowl, add sweetener and remaining cinnamon to apple. Toss well and microwave for one minute.
- Mix apple with cream cheese.
- Open the hot dog bun, but don’t tear it in half.
- Scoop apple filling inside and gently press to seal.
- Slice into four equal nuggets.
- Prepare a pan over medium high heat.
- Coat nuggets with egg wash. Cook about three to four minutes, until both sides are browned.
Dr Oz: Hungry Girl Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Did you know that traditional jalapeno poppers have about 816 calories in a serving? Lisa Lillien’s low calorie Hungry Girl version cuts that down to just 106 calories.
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1/4 cup Egg Substitute
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper (optional, to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and stems.
- Grind cereal into breadcrumb consistency in a food processor. Combine with other seasonings in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix Laughing Cow cheese with 1/2 the hot sauce. Add blue cheese and spoon filling into peppers.
- In a wide bowl, combine remaining hot sauce with egg substitute. Coat peppers in egg wash. Then coat with crumbs.
- Place peppers on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about half an hour, until breading is crispy.
Dr Oz: Hungry Girl Cheeseburger Quesadilla Recipe
Who knew that a regular cheeseburger quesadilla has nearly 1500 calories? That’s insanity. Using a high fiber tortilla, Hungry Girl said she can get that down to just 270 calories.
- 1 frozen Veggie Patty (no more than 100 calories & 250 mg sodium)
- 1 High Fiber Tortilla (110 calories or less)
- 2 tablespoons Onion, chopped
- 1 slice American Cheese, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pickles
- Heat patty in the microwave about one minute, until thawed. Chop.
- Spray a skillet and heat to medium high. Cook onion until soft, stirring occasionally, for about four minutes. Remove onions.
- Spread tortilla on a flat surface. Cover evenly with cheese. On one half, add onion, cheese, burger and pickle.
- Add tortilla to skillet over medium high, cooking two minutes.
- Fold cheese half over carefully and press to seal. Cook three more minutes, until crispy.