Dr Oz: Veggie Pad Thai
Dr Oz talked with The View co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck about her Celiac Disease diagnosis, symptoms & diet. Elisabeth even wrote a cookbook, Deliciously G-Free, to help Celiac Disease sufferers and their families enjoy favorite meals without the health consequences caused by Gluten in your diet.
According to Dr Oz, you could be suffering the symptoms & not know that you have Celiac Disease. In fact, 99% of people who have the condition don’t know it.
Elisabeth made her Gluten Free Veggie Pad Thai Recipe for Dr Oz and his audience. When the three secret shoppers from earlier in the show sampled the dish, they all loved it. If you try this one at home, be sure to share your results in the comments.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Gluten Free Veggie Pad Thai Recipe
Generally, takeout Chinese Pad Thai has around 750 calories and 23 grams of fat. But this recipe contains only 410 calories and 11 grams of fat. That sounds promising. Let’s get to the recipe. Just be sure to stock up on Gluten Free ingredients for this one. Like with many of the recipes featured on the show, you can tweak this and make it your own by adding favorite proteins or spices to the mix.
- 1/2 pound Gluten Free Rice Noodles
- 1/3 cup Lemon or Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Equal Parts:
- Canola Oil
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Garlic, minced
- Shallot, minced
- Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Peanuts, chopped
- 4 Scallions, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Prepare the noodles according to box directions. Reserve.
- Combine the Citrus Juice with water, Sugar, Canola Oil, Chili Sauce, Rice Vinegar & Fish Sauce.
- Mix in the Shallots and Garlic.
- Toss the mixture in the warm, cooked noodles.
- On medium high, heat Olive Oil in a large pan. Let eggs coat the surface of the pan.
- Cook about 30 seconds, then flip and cook through. The idea is for the egg mixture to cook flat, like a pancake.
- Remove cooked egg from pan and let cool on a flat surface.
- Slice into strips and reserve.
- Top noodles with Scallions, nuts, and Sprouts.
- Combine mixture, and top with Cilantro & egg mixture.
- Serve while hot.
marilyn hicks says
This sounds like a marvelous recipe for our family. I have one question, though. I may have overlooked this, but I checked 3 times and I cannot see where the Fish Soy is supposed to be used. Is it something like a sauce to put on the individual servings?
Pat Howard says
The Fish Sauce gets mixed with the Canola Oil, Sugar, Rice Vinegar, etc. The recipe has been corrected; thanks for catching this.