Dr Oz: Quinoa Pasta
Dr Oz turned to Oz Nation in hopes of finding gluten-free alternatives to their favorite dishes. He already learned how to make healthy gluten-free wraps using rice paper, and so next he wanted to know how you could still enjoy pasta without the gluten. One woman shared that she chose quinoa pasta because she’s Italian and pasta is a necessity. She was introduced to the pasta and was skeptical at first, but she said it cooks in no time and is healthy for you.
She said the trick is that you need to use salted water to cook it in. She said to not be concerned if you see a little yellow in the water, because it’s natural and comes from the pasta. She said the real trick is to not overcook it. She suggested cooking it with pesto and said to be sure to watch over it while it cooks, stirring it often.
Dr Oz: Pesto Quinoa Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 box quinoa pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 C sliced almond, lightly toasted
- 1/2 C jarred pesto
- fresh basil as garnish
Dr Oz: Pesto Quinoa Pasta Recipe Directions
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a pan & cook garlic just until it starts to brown & then remove & drain on paper towels.
- Add oil & onion to the pan & cook until onion is translucent.
- Add pesto & reduce heat to medium-low & simmer for a few minutes.
- Cook quinoa pasta as instructed on box.
- Serve sauce with pasta & top with toasted almonds, fresh garlic & fresh basil.
Leave a Reply