Dr Oz: Low-Carb Flour Benefits
Dr. Oz talked with Jorge Cruise about the abundance of low-carb flours that are healthier for you than normal flour. Cruise said they also help with weight loss and they even taste really good. He shared a few of his low-carb flour recipes with the audience and now he is sharing his 20-minute workout that could help you lose up to five pounds every week.
Dr Oz Cinnamon Cashew Nut Brittle Recipe
Jorge Cruise told Dr. Oz the key to weight loss is understanding the difference between sugar calories and regular calories. By figuring out the difference between the two, Cruise said you can shed up to five pounds every week with his workout.
Check out Cruise’s recipe before a nut brittle that will satisfy your sweet tooth without filling you up on sugar calories.
Dr Oz Cinnamon Cashew Nut Brittle Ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
Dr Oz Cinnamon Cashew Nut Brittle Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil and coat the cashews with it. Then sprinkle the cashews with cinnamon and bake for 10 minutes.
Dr Oz Healthy Cookie Recipe
Dr Oz Healthy Cookie Ingredients:
- 2 Graham Cracker squares
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream with less than one gram of sugar per serving.
Dr Oz Healthy Cookie Directions:
- Make into sandwiches and freeze.
Dr Oz Chilled Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Dr Oz Chilled Chocolate Mousse Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dr Oz Chilled Chocolate Mousse Directions:
- Mix everything together and serve chilled.
Dr Oz Healthy Soda Replacement
Dr Oz Healthy Soda Replacement Ingredients:
- Seltzer water or club soda
- Flavored stevia drops
Dr Oz Healthy Soda Replacement Directions:
- Add 4 to 5 drops of the flavored stevia to a glass of seltzer water.
Jorge Cruise 20-Minute Workout Routine
- Dumbbell Press: Lay flat on your back and raise the dumbbells over your chest eight times.
- Lateral Raise: Stand with weights at your side and raise to shoulder level then lower again. Do this eight times.
- Bend Over Row: Sit in a chair with a weight in each hand. Lower and raise using a rowing motion for eight repetitions.
- Simple Crunch: Do eight crunches with your hands behind your head.
- Squats: Do eight squats with a weight in each hand.
Repeat all the exercises as many times as you can in 20 minutes.
Track and Field Viewer Health Challenge
Another viewer challenged Dr. Oz to a fitness competition and this one was on the Xbox 360 with Kinect. It was a track and field game where Dr. Oz and the fan raced each other. It came down the final few strides but Dr. Oz proved yet again, he can not be beat.