Dr Oz: Lighter Chocolate Dessert Recipe
Rachel Beller was on Dr Oz’s show to share some of her healthier holiday recipe ideas, and a lot of us can’t get enough chocolate this time of year. Check out her Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies Recipe (plus, remember to pin her Eggnog Recipe and Gingerbread Cake).
A typical Christmas cookie could have 360 calories, which sounds like a lot, since we eat at least two at a time.
Dr Oz: Ghee Butter & Healthier Christmas Cookie Ingredients
Beller incorporated oats, dried cherries, brown sugar, and dark chocolate chips into this recipe to help add nutritional benefits while also cutting calories.
She recommended using Ghee Butter, a type of clarified butter that allows you to use about 1/2 the typical amount because of its potency. These cookies come out to just 110 calories, and now I want some!
Dr Oz: Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup pure Cocoa Powder
- 6 tbsp Ghee Butter
- 3 oz Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
Dr Oz: Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour with baking soda, cinnamon, oats, salt and cocoa powder.
- Melt butter.
- Combine brown sugar with butter until almost smooth.
- Mix butter into the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Add egg, vanilla, and cherries, beating to blend together. Now add the chocolate.
- Scoop dough in tablespoons, spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 11 minutes, until edges turn golden.
- Let cool and serve.
Dr Oz: Vitamin C, Magnesium + Iron Intake
Dr Oz and Dr Michael Roizen shared a few health takeaways at the end of the episode, with a Perfect Plate game. Here’s what you need to know for a healthy daily diet. Eating seven clams would get you your daily dose of Iron (that would take 30 Eggs!). One large orange has your recommended daily amount of Vitamin C. Five ounces of dark chocolate meets your daily allowance of Magnesium.