Dr Oz: Chickpea Pasta
Dr Oz shared samples of a pasta and had the audience try to guess what the pasta was made of. He said some thought it was cauliflower, while others thought it was quinoa. The secret ingredient was actually chickpeas. Chickpea pasta, when compared to regular white flour pasta, has two times more protein, is gluten-free, and costs about $5 per box online.
April joined Dr Oz to share how she likes to make it the chickpea pasta. She said she wanted the chickpea taste to shine through with her dish that she calls the Mediterranean mix-up. April said her family loves it compared to regular pasta, and Dr Oz said that it’s a little bit different consistency-wise compared to regular pasta, but still delicious nonetheless.
Dr Oz: Mediterranean Remix Pasta Recipe Ingredients
- 1 C roasted red peppers, chopped & drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed & quartered
- salt, to taste
- 1 package chickpea pasta
- 1 C broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C feta cheese
- pepper, to taste
Dr Oz: Mediterranean Remix Pasta Recipe Directions
- Boil a large pot of salted water & cook pasta until al dente & then drain.
- In a large skillet heat one tbsp of oil over medium-high heat & then add garlic, salt & pepper, cooking until lightly browned.
- Add broccoli & cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add artichokes & roasted red peppers & cook for a couple minutes, just until they start to brown.
- Add the pasta to the skillet & then stir in the remaining oil.
- Serve with cheese if desired.