Dr Oz: Cook Your Butt Off
Dr Oz welcomed Rocco Dispirito to his show to explain how to Cook Your Butt Off. Rocco claims you can lose a pound a day on his plan eating low-calorie fat burning meals and burning calories cooking them.
Dr Oz claims that he turned his kitchen into a gym, and showed three women who were whisking, grating, and chopping. He said you can burn 150-250 calories an hour while cooking.
Dr Oz: Chicken With Glazed Eggplant & Cauliflower Rice
Rocco then explained that there are a group of foods known as thermogenic foods. The eating and storing of the elevates your heart rate, speeding up your metabolism. Lean meats like poultry, eggplant, and cauliflower are all thermogenic foods and he combined them all to make a delicious dish. It was called chicken with glazed eggplant and cauliflower rice.
It’s only 190 calories per serving and you burn 150 calories making it, for a net of only 33 calories. Rocco said his trick is to use organic baby food that has just one ingredient, in order to add flavor and a healthy kick to his dishes.
Dr Oz: Chicken With Glazed Eggplant & Cauliflower Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 3 tbsp grated cauliflower
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1/2 C eggplant cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil cooking spray
- kosher salt, to taste
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari
Dr Oz: Chicken With Glazed Eggplant & Cauliflower Rice Recipe Directions
- Cook grated cauliflower until tender, about one minute, in a large nonstick pan with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Season with salt & red pepper flakes.
- Spoon onto a plate & set aside.
- Wipe the pan & spray again with cooking spray, then place over heat again.
- Season the chicken with salt & cook in the pan until cooked through & brown on each each.
- Set the chicken aside & add the eggplant to the pan & cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- With the eggplant on one side of the pan, cook the garlic on the other side until brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger & cook for about 15 seconds before adding the tamari & vinegar with a splash of water.
- Add the chicken back to the pan & cook until the sauce is sticking to everything, about 30 seconds.
- Plate the chicken over the rice with eggplant on the side & garnish with red pepper flakes.