Dr Oz: Do You Know Your Meal Type?
Do you tend to eat the most at dinner or do you prefer three square meals a day? Perhaps you’re more of a snacker? You may actually have a meal type and there’s a quiz that can help you determine your specific type. That way you can eat in a way that feels natural to you, to avoid losing weight. Dr Oz welcomed nutritionist Maya Feller and Dr Mike Dow, who explained that there are a lot of conflicting headlines about what’s the best way to eat. The truth is there’s no one-size-fits-all approach, which is why it’s important to find a plan that works best for you and your lifestyle.
Maya explained that when she counsels her patients, she counsels to the individual and takes into account their likes, dislikes, and cultural preferences. That way it’s possible to create a plan that’s realistic and sustainable. Take the quiz on the following page to find out your meal type. Keep track of how many 1’s, 2’s, and 3’s you get.
Dr Oz: Meal Type Quiz
- Where’s your favorite place to eat?
- The couch at night while watching TV
- At a table
- Wherever you are
- How often do you eat?
- I eat the majority of my calories after 5 PM
- Three meals a day
- Pick throughout the day
- Which best describes your motivation to eat:
- Look forward to to next meal
- Habit or if food is around
- How much do you eat in a sitting:
- Not much throughout the day but a lot at dinner
- Clean plate at every meal
- Handful here and there
- Which option is most appealing to you?
- A burger with fries and a milkshake
- A burger with a side salad
- A plate with three sliders on it
- How do you feel after eating?
- Full and guilty
- Not thinking about it
Did you answer mostly 1’s, 2’s, or 3’s?
Leave a Reply