Dr Oz: Metabolism Whisperers’ Weight Loss Diet Plan
Dr. Oz and Haylie Pomroy, the “Metabolism Whisperer,” discussed her weight loss plan that can help you lose 20 pounds in just 28 days by eating more carbohydrates. She and Dr. Oz also went over three different recipes that follow her diet plan and will help you rev up your metabolism.
Dr Oz: Fast Metabolism Diet Phase Two – Low-Fat Proteins
The second phase of Haylie Pomroy’s plan to fix your metabolism and lose 20 pounds in 28 days lasts four days and focuses on eating low-fat proteins combined with a lot of vegetables. She said your body will not store any fat during this phase because the vegetables will be scouring your body looking for stored fat to burn.
Haylie Pomroy Tuna Salad Stuffed Red Pepper Recipe
Haylie Pomroy Tuna Salad Stuffed Red Pepper Ingredients:
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, halved and cored
- 5-oz can tuna, packed in water
- 3 small cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Haylie Pomroy Tuna Salad Stuffed Red Pepper Directions:
- Drain the tuna and add it to a small mixing bowl with the cucumbers, onions, basil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix everything together. Evenly divide the tuna mixture and fill the red pepper halves. Enjoy!
Haylie Pomroy New York Strip Steak With Steamed Asparagus Recipe
Haylie Pomroy New York Strip Steak With Steamed Asparagus Ingredients:
- 5- to 6-oz New York strip steak (shell steak)
- 10-12 spears of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Haylie Pomroy New York Strip Steak With Steamed Asparagus Directions:
- Place your broiler pan in the oven and preheat to broil. Remove the excess fat from the steak and rub both sides with the garlic, salt and pepper. Place the steak on the hot broiler pan and cook to your preference. For well-done steaks, cut in half to prevent charring.
- While the steak is cooking, bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a double pan. Drop the asparagus in the pan, put on the lid and steam for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until a fork pokes through the asparagus easily.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Dr Oz: Fast Metabolism Diet Phase Three – Add Healthy Fats
Phase three of Haylie Pomroy’s plan focuses on adding healthy fats that help to burn more fat. She said there are a lot of ways to incorporate healthy fats into your diet, but she said one of her favorite ways is with her avocado and turkey lettuce wrap.
Haylie Pomroy Avocado and Turkey Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Haylie Pomroy Avocado and Turkey Lettuce Wrap Ingredients:
- 2 to 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
- Sea salt and pepper
Haylie Pomroy Avocado and Turkey Lettuce Wrap Directions:
- Spread the lettuce on a plate and top with the hummus and salsa, spreading evenly. Add the turkey, arugula and avocado. Shake on some salt and pepper and serve.
Dr Oz: The Fast Metabolism Diet Recommendation
Dr. Oz asked two viewers to give Haylie Pomroy’s Fast Metabolism Diet a try and see what the results were. Both of the women said the diet was easy to follow and it gave them more energy to shed even more pounds while working out. One of the women said she lost six pounds while the other said she lost seven.
Dr Oz: Haylie Pomroy Advice For Fixing a Metabolism Meltdown
Being on a diet is not easy and Haylie Pomroy knows that. She said sometimes you are going to have a metabolism meltdown and she had some great advice for recovering from the meltdown.
- Late-Night Binge – If you have a late night binge one day, it is important to eat a lot of citrus fruits the next day. These foods will help cut down on inflammation and acid will stimulate digestion.
- Overeating At a Party – Eat 10 to 15 grams of lean protein every two hours before attending an event to avoid overindulging at a party.
- Salt Fix – If you are craving salt, especially late at night, it is a red flag that points to thyroid problems. She suggested eating some foods with good diuretics such as cabbage, cilantro and beets. Drinking dandelion leaf tea works as a natural diuretic as well.