Dr Oz: Mark Hyman Detox Diet Success
Dr Oz shared that Dr Mark Hyman is the man behind The 10 Day Detox Diet and the one who helped the Stallman family lost a total of 335 pounds in just a few months. Dr Hyman explained that the Stallman family was biologically addicted to sugar, carbs, and processed food. He said they had outsourced their cooking to corporations. He had the family take out the bad stuff, put in the good stuff, and take back their kitchen.
In the first three weeks, they lost 100 pounds and their blood sugar went from prediabetic and diabetic to normal. “We ate ourselves into this mess, we have to cook our way out of it,” Dr Hyman said.
Dr Oz: Cooking With Healthy Foods
Cathy had been following Dr Hyman’s plan and has lost 54 pounds so far. She said that she has loved the ability to be around food and eat what she wants because her cravings for bad food have gone away. Dr Hyman said food is about medicine, not calories. One of the spices he likes to cook with is sumac, which is a versatile spice with a tangy, lemony flavor. He also likes ras el hanout, which is a Moroccan spice blend that gives your food a warm flavor.
He seasoned chicken with the two spices, as well as salt and lemon zest to make his pomegranate chicken recipe, which you can find below. The dressing uses garlic and tahini, which boosts your metabolism and aids in burning fat.
Dr Oz: Pomegranate Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 C tahini
- 1 lb thin-cut chicken cutlets
- 2 tsp ground sumac
- 1 bunch chicory
- 1/2 C pomegranate seeds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 7 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 head radicchio, cut in quarters, cored & thinly sliced
- chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, or mint for garnish
- 14 C chopped toasted walnuts
Dr Oz: Pomegranate Chicken Recipe Directions
- Combine lemon juice, tahini, garlic, 1/2 C water, and a pinch of salt in a blender until smooth
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon zest, sumac, ras el hanout, & 6 tsp salt
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat & add chicken, cooking until cooked through, turning once
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board
- Toss chicory, radicchio, & pomegranate seeds with tahini dressing & divide among four plates
- Slice chicken into strips & place on top of salad
- Sprinkle with walnuts & herbs & enjoy!