Dr Oz: Which Cleanse Will Get Results for Your Body Type?
Which cleanse will get you results? These popular diet programs are everywhere, so how do you cut through the clutter? Dr Oz teamed with Dr Alejandro Junger, author of Clean Gut, to share the cleanse that is right for your body. Learn about a Liquid Cleanse, Vegan Cleanse, or Gut Flush Cleanse now. Here are the simple ingredients you need to do the cleanse:
Dr Oz: Fat All Over & Too Much Processed Food
Junger said that some cleanses are based on starvation, which will not work. However, there are some methods that are worthwhile, and Dr Oz broke them down into three body types. The Fat All Over body type is often the result of too much processed food.
- Do you love frozen or boxed meals?
- Do you count on packaged diet foods?
- Do you stock up on packaged snacks?
- Are canned soups and jarred sauces your go-to shortcuts for cooking?
- Did you gain five or more pounds in the last year?
How many of these qualities did you answer yes to? This can sap your energy, but Dr Yunger recommended a Liquid Cleanse for this body type, which is the most extreme and reduces the stress on the digestive system, flushing out your system.
Dr Oz: 3-Day Liquid Cleanse Rules
- No solid food for three days
- Must include 20 grams of protein daily
- Must include healthy fats
- Drink three liquid meals & one liquid snack daily
Dr Oz: Liquid Cleanse Breakfast Shake Recipe
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 scoop Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Stevia, to taste
- Combine ingredients and serve.
Dr Oz: Liquid Cleanse Lunch Shake Recipe
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Apple
- 1” Ginger
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- Mix ingredients together and drink.
Dr Oz: Liquid Cleanse Diet Dinner Menu
For dinner, try a light vegetable broth. Have a green drink as a snack, combining spinach with cucumber, celery, lemon and apple. Add Milk Thistle Extract which Dr Yunger said helps to support your liver.
Dr Oz: Inflamed Body & Food Intolerance
Excess inflammation in the body can be the result of food intolerance. Take this quick quiz to see if it sounds familiar.
- Do you eat red meat more than twice a week?
- Do you have strong sugar cravings?
- Are you constantly under stress?
- Do you have dry itchy skin and scalp?
- Do you have achy joints?
- Does cancer run in your family?
Dr Oz: Anti-Inflammatory 7- Day Vegan Cleanse
Dr Junger said that the inflammatory system can burn inside some people’s bodies, resulting in exterior symptoms that could bother you. If you feel like you are too young for these symptoms, you could benefit from this type of cleanse.
“Vegetables are full of phytonutrients that counteract the inflammatory process,” Dr Junger said. That is why a Vegan Cleanse is recommended for this body type. Dr Oz said it is also a chance to help figure out which foods cause your problems with inflammation.
Foods such as wheat, potatoes, tomatoes, and dairy could be inflammatory in your body.
Dr Oz: Vegan Cleanse Rules
- No animal products or dairy.
- No gluten.
- No nightshades.
- Eat three solid meals and two solid snacks.
- Maximize anti-inflammatory superfoods.
Dr Oz: Vegan Cleanse Diet Menu
- Breakfast – Non-gluten granola with berries
- Lunch – Non-gluten soba noodles with kale and ginger
- Dinner – Turmeric quinoa cooked in coconut oil
- Snack – Almond Butter with celery and apple
Dr Junger also recommended an Omega-3 supplement for this cleanse. Dr Oz said that this would balance the inflammatory fats from red meat in a diet.
Dr Oz: Bloated Middle from Excess Fats & Alcohol
Are you bloated in the middle? That is often a sign of too much fat or alcohol.
- Do you crave salty foods?
- Do you carry most of your weight in the middle?
- Do you have more than three alcoholic drinks per week?
- Do you regularly fry your foods when cooking?
- Do you eat fast food more than twice a week?
Dr Oz: 5-Day Gut Flush Cleanse Rules
A Gut Flush cleanse is meant to rest the gut while promoting healthy bacteria and antioxidants. This program is designed for a five-day period.
- No grains
- No processed sugar
- Focus on probiotics
- Two liquid meals, one solid meal & two solid snacks
Dr Oz: Gut Flush Breakfast Shake Recipe
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Avocado
- Mint leaves
- 1 handful frozen Berries
- Combine ingredients and drink for breakfast.
Dr Oz: Gut Flush Cleanse Diet Menu
- Lunch – Shredded Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Dinner – Shredded Chicken Soup with Carrots
- Snack – Almonds and/or Berries
Add a Probiotic Supplement to your routine if you are doing this cleanse.
Dr Oz: Clean Gut Review
You can get more advice about cleanses and your health from Dr Junger in the book Clean Gut. If you think you fit more than one of these types based on the quiz results, Junger told Dr Oz to start with the one that fits you best, and then try a second cleanse.