Dr Oz: Jessica Alba’s Rules for All-Natural Living
How do you know if you’re getting what you pay for when you shop for beauty products? Dr Oz invited Jessica Alba, actress and president of The Honest Company, to share what she has learned about label lies. Also, try her Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse and a Fast Mask beauty treatment.
Alba told Dr Oz that she got started in beauty products after having an allergic reaction to a laundry detergent formulated for babies. When Jessica researched the product, she found that there are a lot of untested toxic chemicals in products today that weren’t there decades ago.
Dr Oz: Jessica Alba The Honest Life Review
Alba said she founded her company to be transparent and do the work for her, as a busy working mom. Jessica Alba is also the author of The Honest Life, which includes information about Label Lies, and she shared some of her smart shopping tips with Dr Oz’s audience.
Dr Oz: Beauty Buzzword Label Lies
What buzzwords are worth extra because they are true? Which ones are misleading and designed to trick you? Dr Oz and Jessica Alba investigated.
- Unscented – “Unscented” means that scents are put into a product to mask the existing fragrances. Instead, look for “fragrance-free” on the label.
- Natural – “Natural” is not a regulated term, but a higher price does not always mean it is a better product. It’s just marketing.
- 100% Organic – If you see a product that says “100% Organic” on the label, this is a good buy. But watch for lower percentages, so you know what you are buying.
- Hypoallergenic – “Hypoallergenic” is a marketing trick that may not mean it is healthy for you.
Dr Oz: Jessica Alba Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Recipe
Jessica Alba shared some easy beauty solutions you can use at home to save money. Try her Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse. Lots of chemicals can be left behind in your hair as products build up.
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- Mix these together and apply them to your hair about once per week.
- Rinse it right off to clear the gunky buildup away naturally.
Dr Oz: Jessica Alba Fast Mask Recipe
Jessica Alba also showed Dr Oz her beauty mask recipe.
- 1/2 cup full fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground Coffee
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (or Lemon for oily skin)
- Combine these ingredients together and apply them to your face.
- Adjust the amount of each ingredient to your desired consistency.