Dr Oz: Marilu Henner Total Memory Makeover Review
Do you think you have a great memory? Can you remember what you ate for breakfast this morning? Do you remember what you did last Saturday? How about 40 Saturday’s ago? Marilu Henner is one of the few people documented in the entire world as having a super biographical memory where she can literally remember every day of her life. She wrote a book about her unique ability, Total Memory Makeover, and she had some advice on improving your own memory as well.
Dr Oz: Marilu Henner Strengthening Memory
Henner explained how each and every one of us is walking through life recording every moment but the key to holding onto all those memories is associating them with events that occurred. She used a wedding to demonstrate how to recall more memories. Try answering these two questions:
- What is your favorite part of a wedding?
- Do you love the ceremony or being able to talk with friends and family?
What you enjoy the most when attending a wedding determines the type of person you are where memory storage is concerned. Henner explained when you begin to tune in to your dominant sense you will realize it is how you probably take in most experiences in your life.
- Dancing = Sound Person
- Open bar = Smell Person
- Ceremony = Sight Person
- Friends = Touch Person
- Food = Taste Person
Dr Oz: Comic Strip Health Lessons
Dr. Oz is always looking for new places to get some healthy inspiration and tuning in to cartoons may be the answer sometimes.
- Bugs Bunny has never been seen without eating a carrot.
- Winnie-the-Pooh always taught us that the best sweet treat is honey.
- Popeye the Sailor Man taught us that eating spinach every day will give us bigger biceps.
- Garfield taught us the importance of sleep.
- A quote from Charles Schulz, creator of Snoopy: “All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”