Today Show: Chef Seth Adams
Chef Seth Adams visited the Today Show Kitchen to make a simple weeknight dinner meal of Crab Cakes with Corn and Avocado Relish.
If you need to make dinner in a hurry, you might be surprised about what you can whip up in just a few minutes. Adams, chef and owner at Riverhorse on Main in Park City, Utah, visited Today’s Kitchen to illustrate this with a tasty example.
Today Show: Quick & Easy Crab Cakes
Fresh crab and simple ingredients help to keep the preparation easy. Eggs are optional, but they will help to bind the crab cakes if you want to include one or two. Adams said that canned crab saves even more time.
Panko keeps the breadcrumbs light, Tabasco adds heat, and Old Bay is the perfect seafood seasoning. Using garlic means you won’t need as much salt for serving.
Today Show: Seth Adams Crab Cakes Recipe with Corn & Avocado Relish Ingredients
It’s OK if your crab cakes fall apart a bit or are flaky. This fresh relish could not be more simple, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be delicious.
- 1 lb Jumbo Lump Crab
- 5 thin sliced Scallion greens
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 2 diced Red Peppers
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp granulated Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ear Corn, off the cob
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 diced Avocado
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Seth Adams: Today Show Crab Cakes with Corn & Avocado Relish Recipe Directions
- Combine crab ingredients to make the base for the cakes.
- Shape batter into cakes of your preferred size.
- Prepare a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Broil crab cakes to golden brown on each side, around four or five minutes.
- Combine ingredients for relish; salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cakes topped with relish for a simple dinner treat.