Today Show: Sandra Lee Cola Pot Roast Valentine’s Day Recipe
Did you forget to make dinner reservations for you and your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? Don’t worry about it – the Today Show has you covered. They invited Sandra Lee on the show to go over the best, and easiest, dinner you can make for Valentine’s Day, along with two scrumptious desserts you and your partner are going to love.
Lee showed the Today Show how to make a cola pot roast recipe but cautioned everyone at home not to use diet cola because it doesn’t work as well as regular cola or any other cola drink with carmel in it. Keep scrolling to find the delicious dessert recipes as well.
Sandra Lee Cola Pot Roast Recipe
Cola Pot Roast Ingredients:
- 1 3- to 31/2 -pound boneless beef pot roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups regular cola
- 1 can (10.5-ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope French onion soup mix
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper (to tase)
Today Show Cola Pot Roast Directions:
- Season roast with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Brown the roast on all sides.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, whisk together cola, cream of mushroom soup and French onion soup mix. Arrange onion, carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast.
- Cover and cook on on high for 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Cover lightly with foil.
- Transfer liquid from slow cooker into a medium saucepan to make the gravy. In a small bowl, combine the water and flour. Pour into saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Season with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve meat and vegetables with gravy.
Sandra Lee Be-Mine Parfait Recipe
Be-Mine Parfait Ingredients:
- 1 container (8-ounce) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (6-ounce) cherry yogurt
- 3 cups cubed red velvet cake
- 1 can (21-ounce) cherry pie filling
- Maraschino cherries
Today Show Be-Mine Parfait Directions:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the whipped topping and cherry yogurt and set aside.
- In a parfait glass, place 1/4 cup of the cake cubes. Top with 1/3 cup of the yogurt mixture and 2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling. Repeat layers using 1/4 cup cake cubes, 1/3 cup yogurt mixture, and 2 tablespoons pie filling. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a White Chocolate Heart (Recipe below). Repeat with remaining 5 parfait glasses. Serve immediately or chill for up to 2 hours.
For the White Chocolate Hearts:
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat 12 ounces of white candy coating, stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth. In another microwave-safe bowl, heat 6 ounces of pink candy coating, stirring every 15 seconds until melted and smooth. Pour the melted white candy coating onto a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the melted pink candy coating over the top.
- Cool and let harden. Use a heart-shape cookie cutter to cut hearts from the hardened candy.
Sandra Lee Mini Champagne Cake Recipe
Mini Champagne Cake Ingredients:
- 1 box (1-pound 21/4-ounce) moist white cake mix
- 11/4 cups extra-dry champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 can whipped white frosting
- Red food coloring
- Unsprayed edible rose petals
- Edible pearls
Today Show Mini Champagne Cake Directions:
- Line 60 mini muffin cups with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, champagne, oil and egg whites. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and continue beating on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Empty the frosting into a bowl. Tint to the desired pink with a few drops of food coloring. Using a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip, pipe a rose on each cupcake, circling around the top of each cupcake twice. Decorate with rose petals and edible pearls.