Today Show: Chef Donatella Arpaia Shows Us Week-Night Recipes
Chef Donatella Arpaia, owner of Donatella Resaurant in New York, shared four of her simple meals with us on the Today Show may 13 2013.
Today Show: Little Ears Pasta With Ground Turkey And Broccolini Recipe
- 3/4 pound orecchiette
- 2 cups broccoli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 slices bacon chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Ricotta salata or Parmesan, for serving
Today Show: Little Ears Pasta With Ground Turkey And Broccolini Directions
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the broccolini during the last minute.
- Drain and return the pasta and broccoli to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon when it starts to color.
- Add turkey, garlic, fennel seed, and red pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- season with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Toss the turkey mixture with the pasta and broccoli and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Serve with grated ricotta salata or parmesan
Today Show: Almond-Encrusted Chicken Milanese Recipe
- 4 (6 ounces) Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced unbleached almonds
- 2/3 panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of fresh tarragon
- 2 large eggs
- 20 cherry tomatoes halved red and yellow
- 2 scallions trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of evoo
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- lemon wedges for serving
Today Show: Almond-Encrusted Chicken Milanese Directions
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towel-place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap-pound gently with mallet to even thickness season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pulse almond into coarsely chopped-combine with panko and tarragon.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a shallow bowl with pinch of salt-dip each piece of chicken into eggs letting excess drip away press onto panko coating.
- Meanwhile put tomatoes and scallions in bowl and add lemon juice evoo and tarragon. tops to coat and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add the butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When butter has foamed, place chicken in pan and increase heat to medium high.
- Cut pail lards in halves arrange on platter serve immediately with tomato salad spooned on top with lemon wedges.
Today Show: Turkey Chorizo Tacos Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 pound ground chorizo
- Taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium red tomato, cored and chopped
- 10 hard taco shells
- Flour tortillas as well
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Salsa for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
Serving Size: Makes 10 Tacos.
Today Show: Turkey Chorizo Tacos Directions
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil shimmers, add onion and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add chorizo & turkey and cook, breaking up meat with the side of a spoon, just until meat is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning packet , salt, and tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid becomes thick and clings to meat.
- Divide meat mixture, lettuce, and tomato among taco shells and serve immediately with optional sour cream, pico de gallo, and avocado.
Today Show: Polenta With Grilled Vegetables Recipe
- 41/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 13 ounce package of instant polenta
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, grilled whole
- 8 ounces parmigianno reggiano, shaved fresh herbs if desired
Today Show: Polenta With Grilled Vegetables Directions
- Combine chicken broth, milk and salt in a large heavy sauce pan and place over medium high heat bring liquid to a simmer.
- Gradually sprinkle polenta over it in a slow thin stream whisking constantly in the same direction until grains incorporated and lumps remain.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring with with a wooden spoon for 5-6 minutes.