Today Show: Martha Stewart Cooks
Martha Stewart made delicious and simple meals from her One Pot cookbook, like this Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup Recipe. For more ideas, try Bacon and Cabbage Pork Chops, Skillet Macaroni and Cheese, or Beef Stew.
Today Show: Martha Stewart One Pot Review
There are many different types of pots, which means you won’t run out of ideas for keeping it simple in the new cookbook One Pot. From pressure cookers and stock pots to slow cookers and roasting pans, use the tools you have.
“We have 120 recipes in the book, and the book has really hit a chord,” Martha Stewart said. She said that one-pot meals are perfect for throwing in the slow cooker in the morning, so dinner is ready when you get home!
Martha Stewart: Today Show Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup Recipe Ingredients
Skip the casings, and use any broth you want for this soup. A combination of Kale and Swiss Chard is delicious, but any tough winter greens would work for this soup meal, as Martha explained to Tamron Hall.
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 3/4 lb Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage (casing removed)
- 4 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup small Pasta Shells
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 peeled, cubed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups chopped Mixed Greens
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Today Show: Martha Stewart Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup Recipe Directions
- Heat oil in a pot on medium high.
- Cook onion and garlic about six minutes, until onion is translucent; salt and pepper.
- Cook sausage to brown for about five minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes with water and broth; bring to boiling.
- Add pasta, cooking three minutes under time from package directions.
- Reduce and simmer; add greens, cooking another four minutes, to wilt greens.
- Serve garnished with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.