Today Show: Martha Stewart Recipes
Martha Stewart’s latest book is called One Pot, and it shows you how to make simple dinners without creating a lot of dishes Try this Skillet Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. If you are hungry for more, get some Beef Stew with Noodles, Bacon and Cabbage Pork Chops, or Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup.
Martha Stewart asked lactose-intolerant Hoda Kotb to help her make macaroni and cheese, which is a little mean.
Martha Stewart: Today Show Skillet Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Ingredients
Be sure to add the milk in parts, stirring it in slowly. “This is a rich dish,” Martha admitted as she loaded it up with cheese. “This is for the kids. They have to have something delicious to eat.” Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and butter make for a crusty topping.
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 lb Elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 fine chopped Yellow Onion
- 6 cups 2% Milk
- 3 cups grated Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
Today Show: Martha Stewart Skillet Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Directions
- Heat the broiler on your oven.
- Melt butter on medium high in a large skillet.
- Remove a tablespoon of melted butter to mix with breadcrumbs and Parm in a medium bowl.
- Cook onion in the skillet about four minutes to soften it.
- Whisk in flour and cook for around a minute.
- Slowly whisk the milk in, stirring after each addition; simmer.
- Add macaroni and cook, stirring constantly to prevent sticking, for around six minutes.
- Take off heat.
- Stir in the cheddar. Then add Gruyere and mustard; salt and pepper.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to the broiler to brown for a minute or two.