Today Show: Martha Stewart Patriotic Cupcakes
These Red, White and Blue Cupcakes from Martha Stewart are the perfect dessert at the 4th of July or any other time you are celebrating America. Though she shared them on Today Show in time for Independence Day, you could also make them for your child’s classroom for Presidents Day, or at any occasion where a flag-themed dessert would be a hit.
Today Show: Martha Stewart Red, White and Blue Mini Cupcakes Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup softened Unsalted Butter (plus 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 4 1/2 sticks room temp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Whole Milk (plus 1 1/2 tsp)
- 6 3/4 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Food Coloring
Martha Stewart: Today Show Red, White, and Blue Mini Cupcakes Recipe Directions
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- Prepare two muffin tins with liners.
- Combine flour with salt and baking powder; reserve.
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy, about four minutes.
- Add eggs individually until fully blended.
- Add vanilla to the mixture.
- Next, add flour in three batches, alternating with milk in between.
- Beat to fully combine after each ingredient portion is added.
- Divide batter equally among muffin tins.
- Bake about 20 minutes, turning the tins halfway through.
- When done, the tops should spring back when gently touched.
- Let cool.
- For the frosting, beat butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar on medium in a mixer.
- Reduce speed to medium low and slowly incorporate the remaining 5 1/4 cups of sugar.
- On medium-high speed, add vanilla and milk.
- Beat until pale and fluffy, around three minutes.
- Divide frosting into three portions. Use red and blue food coloring to dye two portions.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Arrange cupcakes on a serving tray in the style of an American flag. Make a box of blue frosted mini cupcakes in the upper left corner. Alternate rows of red and white cupcakes in the remaining space, forming a rectangular pattern.