Today Show: Chef G Garvin Weekly Meal Recipes
Every Monday the Today Show brings on one celebrity chef to go over four meals you can make this week that will be healthy, cheap and very easy to make.
This week the Today Show brought on G. Garvin, host of the Food Network’s Road Trip with G. Garvin, to share some delicious meals. He said all the meals below are easy to make and they are all healthy. Do not let the wonton wrappers scare you away either. If you have never used them before, Garvin said his nine-year-old daughter can make food with the wrappers.
Let us know how the recipes taste by leaving us a comment in the comment section below.
G Garvin Beef Stir Fry Recipe
G Garvin Beef Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1 pound beef flank steak sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1small yellow pepper diced
- 1 small orange pepper diced
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cup of julienne (or shredded) carrots
- 3 tablespoons dark plum sauce
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato
- 2 canned plum tomatoes, crushed
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley kosher salt
G Garvin Beef Stir Fry Directions:
- Cut steak lengthwise and then against the grain, making thin strips, as well as all the vegetables.
- Heat wok over medium heat, add peanut oil. When oil starts to smoke, add garlic and immediately add beef, moving meat continuously, add peppers, bamboo shoots, scallions and carrots, stirring frequently until heated through. Add soy sauce, chicken stock, and plum tomato sauce, combine thoroughly.
- Serve over jasmine rice cooked as the package instructs.
G Garvin Plum Tomato Sauce Directions:
- In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon garlic and 1 tablespoon of shallots; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato and 2 canned plum tomatoes.
- Add the basil leaf followed by the white wine and stir. Season sauce with salt, pepper and parsley. Finish sauce by stiffing butter until melted.
G. Garvin Grilled Atlantic Salmon With Sautéed Artichoke Hearts Recipe
G. Garvin Grilled Atlantic Salmon With Sauteed Artichoke Hearts Ingredients:
- 12 oz salmon (no skin), cut into 3-oz portions
- 10 oz artichoke hearts, canned, sliced
- 8 oz sundried tomatoes
- 1 pint fresh micro greens
- 1 oz rgular olive oil
- 1 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon unsalted Butter
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
G. Garvin Grilled Atlantic Salmon With Sauteed Artichoke Hearts Directions:
- Take a pastry brush and brush each piece of the fish with the regular oil, then season the salmon with the salt and pepper. Place the salmon (flesh side down) on to a medium hot grill or grill pan for three minutes and then turn slightly to cross pattern the grill marks for another three to four minutes.
- Next, turn the salmon over and move to the lower side of the heat and cook for another five to seven minutes for a perfect medium temperature.
- While the fish cooks, take a medium sauté pan and place on the burner on high heat. Once the pan is hot add half of of the olive oil and then add the artichokes, garlic, shallots and tomatoes and sauté on very high heat then add the butter. Season with salt and pepper to complete.
G. Garvin Spinach and Goat Cheese Ravioli Recipe
G. Garvin Spinach and Goat Cheese Ravioli Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cup heavy cream
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 recipe plum tomato-white wine sauce
G. Garvin Spinach and Goat Cheese Ravioli Directions:
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, add the baby spinach and sauté until spinach is wilted. Cool slightly and process in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, 3 tablespoons of goat cheese, the garlic and shallot, mix well. Set the filling aside, In a small bowl beat the egg and cream together until smooth.
- Using a pastry brush, brush egg mixture onto a wonton wrapper. Spoon about a teaspoon of the filling in the center of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wonton into the desired shape, pressing the edges with your fingertips to seal. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers and filling. Dredge the ravioli lightly in the cornstarch.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the ravioli to the water and cook about 3 minutes or until they float and are tender but not mushy.
- With a slotted spoon gently remove the ravioli and place it in a sauté pan, add butter to the pan and stir over medium heat. When the butter is melted, remove ravioli and place on a plate, pour the pan drippings over the top. Serve with plum tomato white wine sauce. Top with the remaining 1 tablespoon goat cheese and a pinch of pepper.
G. Garvin Salmon Skewers Recipe
G. Garvin Salmon Skewers Ingredients:
- 8 to 10 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pound fresh Atlantic Salmon or sea bass, cod or whitefish (cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges (optional)
G. Garvin Salmon Skewers Directions:
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Place 3 to 4 pieces of sea bass on each skewer, leaving no space between the fish pieces.
- Place the blackening spice in a shallow dish. Dredge the fish skewers in the seasoning to coat fish cubes on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the fish on the grill pan and sear on all sides, turning repeatedly until fish flakes when tested with a fork, about 8 to 12 minutes.