Today Show: Tailgating Recipe
Ericka Burke from Seattle’s Volunteer Park Cafe faced off in a friendly rivalry on Today Show with some tailgating recipes. She made Salmon Sliders and Pigs in a Blanket. Her competition included Pork BLTs and Fried Chicken Sliders.
Al Roker and Natalie Morales had a hard time after taste testing all the competitors. They could not seem to come to an agreement on the winner. Eventually, Al Roker deferred to Natalie and Ericka was declared the winner. I can see why, based on her Salmon Sliders alone. Do you think you would try this recipe?
Today Show: Ericka Burke Salmon Sliders Recipe Ingredients
- Salmon Fillet (in 2-oz portions)
- 1 tbsp ground Coriander
- 12 Slider Buns
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
Sriracha Mayonnaise Ingredients
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (to taste)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 julienned Green Cabbage
- 2 peeled, julienned Carrots
- 1 handful Cilantro sprigs
- 1 julienned Red Onion
- 3 thin chopped Scallions
- 1 handful torn Mint leaves
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
Ericka Burke: Today Show Salmon Sliders Recipe Directions
- Combine Sriracha Mayonnaise ingredients in a bowl; reserve.
- Combine dressing ingredients, except oil. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Prepare a baking pan with canola oil.
- Arrange salmon portions on the tray. Season with coriander and salt. Drizzle remaining oil over the fish.
- Bake salmon about 10 minutes before removing it from the oven.
- Toast buns in the oven for a couple minutes.
- Toss slaw ingredients together in a bowl and mix with dressing.
- Spread Sriracha mayonnaise on both sides of each bun.
- On each bottom bun, layer baked salmon and cabbage slaw. Add the top buns and serve.