Today Show: Tailgating Party
Seattle’s Ericka Burke from Volunteer Park Cafe was on Today Show for a tailgating faceoff. She prepared Pigs in a Blanket, Salmon Sliders, and Clam & Bacon Dip. Her Arizona competition made Fried Chicken Sliders & Pork BLTs.
Today Show: Ericka Burke Clam & Bacon Dip Recipe
- 1 can drained Clams (juice reserved)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 8-oz package Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 minced Scallions
- 1 bunch minced Italian Parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped, crisp, cooked Bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Mince and reserve clams.
- Combine cream cheese with Parmesan and sour cream.
- Add remaining ingredients until fully mixed.
- Stir in clam juice, to taste.
- Serve with dippers, such as pita chips, bread, or crudite.
Today Show: Ericka Burke Pigs in a Blanket Recipe Ingredients
- Puff Pastry sheets (cut into 3” squares)
- cooked Hot Dogs, cut in thirds (or use Chorizo)
- Sea Salt
Caramelized Onions Ingredients
- 3 diced Yellow Onions
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
Honey Mustard Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp grainy Mustard
- Egg Wash
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
Ericka Burke: Today Show Pigs in a Blanket Recipe Directions
- To make the caramelized onions, melt butter on medium in a saute pan.
- Add onions, seasoned with salt, stirring them in the butter.
- After five or six minutes, once onions are translucent add sugar and sherry.
- Cook until sherry evaporates. Take off heat and let onions cool.
- Combine honey mustard ingredients in a bowl until mixed.
- Stir together egg wash ingredients in a small bowl.
- On a clean prep surface, arrange squares of cold puff pastry.
- Dot honey mustard into the center of each square. Top with onions and a piece of hot dog.
- Fold over two of the puff pastry edges, using egg wash to seal. Repeat steps with remaining dough squares.
- Arrange on a prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and add sea salt.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes, to golden brown.