Today’s Kitchen: Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart hung out with the Today Show crew to make some meal ideas from her latest cookbook, One Pot. Try this Bacon and Cabbage Pork Chops Recipe, or get more ideas for Skillet Macaroni, Sausage Sweet Potato Soup, and Beef Stew.
Al Roker is a huge fan of pork chops, so he worked with Martha Stewart on this recipe demonstration. Just don’t be like Matt Lauer and Hoda Kotb, eating raw bacon. It is probably not the best idea.
Today Show: Martha Stewart Bacon and Cabbage Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
“This makes a milky gravy that tastes really good with pork chops," Stewart promised.
- 4 bone-in Pork Chops
- 4 strips chopped Bacon
- 1 head cored Green Cabbage (in 8 wedges)
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 sliced Yellow Onion
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Martha Stewart: Today Show Bacon and Cabbage Pork Chops Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Place a large roasting pan across two burners on your stove and heat the olive oil on high.
- Salt and pepper the pork before adding it to the pan for browning on one side, which should take around four minutes.
- Flip the pork and cook it for another minute or so.
- Remove the pork and rest it on a plate.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add bacon, cooking about five minutes.
- Add onion next, cooking five minutes or so to soften it.
- Add in the cabbage, cooking about six minutes to light golden.
- Flip and cook another three minutes, or until tender.
- Add flour, stirring to create a coating.
- Add milk, stirring constantly, for around four minutes; it will thicken.
- Season everything with salt and pepper before returning pork chops to the rich sauce.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and cook until pork is done, about 10 minutes.