Today Show: Martha Stewart
Lifestyle guru Martha Stewart, author of the new cookbook One Pot, visited Today Show with simple dinner ideas, like Beef Stew with Noodles. Also try her recipes for Skillet Macaroni and Cheese, Bacon and Cabbage Pork Chops, and Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup.
Martha worked with Matt Lauer on this beef stew, which he said reminded him of Beefaroni, a comparison I don’t think Martha cared for.
Today Show: Martha Stewart Beef Stew with Noodles Recipe Ingredients
Martha said that you can make an entire beef stew in a single pot, in just about half an hour. Potatoes and carrots go in toward the end so they don’t become mushy. “The noodles cook right in the gravy,” Stewart said.
- 2 lb cubed boneless Beef Chuck
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 3 cups Water
- 2 peeled, cubed Russet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 1 sliced Yellow Onion
- 5 1/2 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 lb cut Carrots
- 2 cups Egg Noodles
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Martha Stewart: Today Show Beef Stew with Noodles Recipe Directions
- Salt and pepper the beef cubes.
- Heat oil on high in a Dutch oven.
- Brown beef in batches, cooking about six minutes.
- Add onion to the browned beef; salt and pepper.
- Cook about five minutes, or until onion has started to soften. (You may need to lower the heat.)
- Add flour, cooking another minute or two.
- Pour in broth with water and deglaze the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil; reduce and simmer, cooking until beef becomes tender, around 25 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes, cooking another 10 minutes, until potatoes become tender.
- Add noodles, cooking another seven minutes; salt and pepper.
- Serve finished with parsley and vinegar.