Today Show: Top Trending Goggle Searches
Have you ever wondered what people search for the most on Google? The Today Show was apparently wondering as well so they brought on tech writer Daniel Sieberg to show them what people were looking up on Google this past weekend. He said the searches listed below are not the top searches on Google (those are usually weather or directions), but rather trending Google searches for topics people were interested in.
The top five trending Goggle searches from March 1 2013 to March 4 2013 are as follows:
- Pizza Hut – Sieberg said there hasn’t been a spike like this for pizza searches of any kind since the Super Bowl.
- March Photo Challenge 2013 – These are all about sharing photos on the internet. Sieberg said photography fans will post lists each month with different pictures to take every day. One day you take a picture of your breakfast, next you take a picture of whatever is outside your front window and then you post them on the internet for others to see.
- Seussville – Dr. Seuss would have been 109 this past weekend and to celebrate, libraries around the country were reading his books. Seussville is the website where you can play Dr. Seuss-inspired games online.
- Kim Kardashian pregnant – Sieberg said people know she is pregnant but they may have Googled her to find out how she is coming along in the pregnancy and were probably trying to see pictures of her belly as well.
- Jack the Giant Slayer – A lot of people have been looking at reviews for the movie, Sieberg said, since it did not do as well as it was projected to do in theaters.
Today Show: Biggest Loser Contestant Alex Reid
Alex Reid was the latest contestant to be eliminated from The Biggest Loser, but she said she has been losing more weight off the ranch than she did on the ranch. She told the Today Show she lost 80 pounds already, beginning her weight loss at 240 pounds, and much of it was away from the ranch where she didn’t feel stressed about trying to win the game. She said she is entirely focused on herself and becoming as healthy as she can.
Besides her weight, fans of the show watched Reid battle her confidence issues as well. She was constantly comparing herself to others, especially her mother and sister, but she has stopped that she said.
Although Reid said she was a bit disappointed when she lost eight pounds instead of the nine she needed to stay on the show, Reid seems to be doing a lot better away from the ranch.