Today Show: Nash FM Brings Country Music Back To New York City
Over 66 million people listen to country music, making it the most popular music genre in the country, yet if you live in New York City you haven’t had a radio station to turn to for country music in quite some time. But country music is finally coming back to the airwaves of NYC. Every time Lady Antebellum played in New York City, the country group said they would always wonder why they couldn’t find a country station in the city. And everyone in the city must have agreed with them, because NYC finally has Nash, the first country music station in the city in the past 17 years.
Kelly Ford, a host on the new radio station, said the people in the city wanted country music and they finally got it. And with five of the top 10 albums this year all being country, it seems a lot of people were wondering why NYC didn’t have a country station.
“It is a sign of the times,” country music star Gary Allen said.
The new radio station has said it wants to expand already with a magazine and the possibility of a TV channel as well.
Today Show: The Art Of Loading a Dishwasher
Remember when the Today Show covered the story about more and more people fighting over the dishwasher and how it should be loaded? They should have watched this episode before doing anything rash. Courtenay Smith stopped by the Today Show to give the hosts a lesson on how a dishwasher should be loaded.
After watching Savannah Guthrie struggle with loading the dishwasher the right way, Smith showed her the proper way to load it.
- Don’t rinse dishes – Smith said washing detergent is made to clean the dishes. When there isn’t anything to clean, the detergent will attack the dishes.
- No wood in the dishwasher – Wood will warp in the dishwasher.
- Never block the center spinner – Smith said never to block the center spinner of the dishwasher with a large pot or plate.
- Always place dirty side of dish towards the center of the dishwasher.
- Knives always face down for safety reasons and spoons and forks always face up.
- Sturdy wine glasses can be placed in the dishwasher.
- Plastic always goes on the top shelf – The heat near the bottom rack could warp the bowls.