Kathie Lee & Hoda: Cooking For Large Parties
For those big parties everyone has coming up this summer, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb share Chef Ryan Scott’s Watermelon and Tomato Salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette Recipe. Also try Ryan’s Tipsy Meatballs Recipe.
Ryan Scott: Watermelon and Tomato Salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette Recipe
Ingredients For The Salad
- 1 large sliced heirloom tomato
- 6 1-inch cubes seedless grilled watermelon (or melon of choice)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients For Salsa Verde Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked, rinsed and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped arugula
- 2 tablespoons capers (with brine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Directions For Salad
- Grill full slices of watermelon until charred on one side.
- Cool, cube and season the watermelon, tomatoes and feta with salt and pepper and arrange on plate.
- Dress heavily with vinaigrette and garnish with torn basil leaves.
Directions For Salsa Verde Vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients except for oil into a blender and pulse until incorporated.
- Continue to pulse and stream in oil.