Kathie Lee & Hoda: Allison Fishman Interview
If you do not have time to slave over a hot oven every night and you want something easy and healthy, this is for you: No-Cook Meals. Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb welcomed Allison Fishman, Contributing Editor for Cooking Light magazine, to The Today Show kitchen, as she shared a Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas recipe.
No oven is required for these easy meals, so during these hot times we have had it is a perfect recipe for the summer heat. Also, if you enjoy this recipe from Allison Fishman, you can check out Allison Fishman’s recipes for Crab, Corn & Tomato Salad and White Bean and Roasted Chicken Salad. All of Fishman’s recipes require no oven and can be made very easily and perfect for you and your children to cook together!
Allison Fishman: Chicken and Guacamole Tostadas Recipe
- 1 ripe peeled avocado
- 1 cup plus two tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 (6-inch) corn tostada shells
- Place avocado in a small bowl and mash with a fork
- Stir in two tablespoons tomato, one tablespoon onion, one tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic
- Combine remaining one cup tomato, two tablespoons onion, one tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeño; toss well
- Combine chicken, remaining one tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine
- Spread about one tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell
- Top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and about two tablespoons salsa.