Today’s Kitchen: Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food
Famous Seamus Mullen joined Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb in Today’s Kitchen to cook up some of his specialties from his new book, Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food: How Cooking with Delicious Things Makes Us Feel Better such as a Sangria Recipe and a white peach, pistachio, honey and ricotta recipe.
Seamus Mullen Sangria Recipe
- 3-liter bottle of Grenache based red wine (fruity)
- 1-liter bottle of Triple Sec or other orange liquor
- 1 liter Brandy de Jerez
- 1 quart fresh lemon juice
- Sprite or 7-Up
- Diced seasonal fruits
- Mix all the drink ingredients over ice with a splash of Sprite or 7-Up.
- Top with diced seasonal fruits that have been macerated in Triple Sec overnight.
Seamus Mullen: White Peach, Pistachio, Honey & Ricotta Recipe
- 2 or 3 firm white peaches, plus a yellow one
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, toasted in a dry, hot pan for 30 seconds
- 2 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- Quarter and pit the peaches, then slice into thin curls on a mandoline.
- Toss the peaches with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Divide the ricotta among 4 dessert bowls.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of honey on each.
- Toss on a handful of toasted pistachios.
- Top each with a few curls of the peach slices and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.