Kathie Lee & Hoda: Today’s Kitchen
Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb are joined by Jenny Levison, author of the new cookbok, Souper Jenny Does Salads: Atlanta’s Soup Diva Shares her Favorite Salad Recipes, as she shares some recipes for salads and dressings for the upcoming salad season this summer, including her Roasted Greek Style Vegetable Salad & Fresh Lemon Dressing recipes.
Jenny Levison: Roasted Greek Style Vegetable Salad with Garlic Chips and Feta Recipe
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered vertically
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered vertically
- 1 pound bunch asparagus, bottom 2 inches of stalks removed
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch wide pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut into rings
- 1 each red, yellow, green and orange pepper, seeds removed, cut into thick, long strips
- Extra virgin oive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces crumbled feta
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss each vegetable with a little olive oil (about 2 teaspoons) and sprinkle chopped rosemary on half and chopped oregano on the other half.
- Roast to desired doneness, about 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time. A slightly charred or caramelized look will give you the best flavors.
- Once vegetables are roasted, put all in a mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange vegetables on a plate, topping with crumbled feta and garlic chips.
- For the garlic chips, thinly slice garlic cloves and place in small saute pan with 1 inch olive oil to cover.
- Turn heat on medium to low flame and cook garlic just until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels.
Jenny Levison: Fresh Lemon Dressing Recipe
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch curly parsley, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In bowl or food processor, combine shallot, parsley, lemon, juice and salt.
- With motor running, add olive oil slowly.
- Add pepper to taste.